What is Bowl for Kids' Sake?
Bowl for Kids' Sake is a fundraiser held each November in support of programming in McDonough and Warren counties. 100% of the dollars raised through this event supports the direct programming and impact of children living in these two counties and participating in our program.
For more than 15 years, BBBS has served McDonough and Warren counties by providing consistent and high impact one-to-one mentoring services to vulnerable children. The organization has a local advisory board of community volunteers, a professional staff, and an office located in Macomb, IL.
The local chapter has impacted over 1,500 children since its inception. Funds are exclusively used for program expenses related to serving children, families, schools and volunteers participating in our program in McDonough and Warren counties. Examples of expenses include recruitment and enrollment expenses of volunteers, match support expenses for adult/child matches, match activities throughout the year, assessments and other measurement tools for the match, and liability and insurance coverage for our program model.
There are a number of ways you can help- 1) form a team, 2) join an existing team, 3) support a bowler, and/or 4) become a Big.
How does the Bowl for Kids Sake work?
1) Form a team: Completing the registration form begins the process. Teams can be comprised of 4 to 6 bowlers. You don't have to have your complete team compiled before registering. Registering simply confirms your team reservation and allows you to begin the process. We do ask that if you register a team, you agree to a team goal of $300.00 in pledges/donations.
The registration form will ask you to select your "shift time". This is the time your team will be bowling. Lanes are limited for each shift, so it is vital that you get your registration completed and to BBBS as soon as possible.
The $300.00 goal is for your team NOT for each individual bowler. Teams can raise funds however they want to achieve the goal. We have a wonderful individual or team fundraising page that can be created which allows you to email family and friends to ask for support. Your completed team commitment entitles you to: bowling, shoes, food, prizes and the official BFKS T-Shirt!
2) Set up a fundraising page. That's right, you can take a few simple steps to set up your own fundraising page which allows you to set your goal, email friends and watch as the dollars of support come in!!!
3) Take the Challenge: each shift will award a prize to the top team or individual fundraiser. We encourage teams to engage others to participate by issuing a "friendly" challenge. Challenges can be issued to other organizations, schools, departments, and/or friends and family. A traveling trophy can be created and presented at the shift. Full details of the shift prizes will be provided to each team once a completed registration is received.
4) Create and implement your plan: there are a number of strategies to raise funds for the Bowl for Kids' Sake.
- Click the mouse and see the dollars come in! BBBS will set up a custom fundraising web page for your team. Email your network and watch as your family, friends, co-workers and others support your community service!
- Host a fundraising event at your workplace, club, church, fraternity or sorority. You are representing a larger group, so engage them in your efforts.
- Other ideas include donation jars, bake sale, pot luck, raffle, silent auction, casual for a cause, car wash or something fun that everyone will enjoy. Click here for a copy of instructions on how to set up your personnel fundraising page!
5) Start bowling: After you have secured your pledges, it's time to have fun! You'll receive one free game of bowling all inclusive, food, drinks, chances to win door prizes and a souvenir team photo.