Positive, consistent experiences that expand their horizons and ignite their potential
It all starts with a strong partnership between the parent, mentor and BBBS. Parents are active participants in the match process within our organization. They are engaged in the very beginning of the process and are equal partners in insuring that the match involving your child is safe, consistent, and high impact.
For over 35 years, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of thousands of young people in our community — one Little at a time.
You’ll feel and see the impact as much as your child.
A study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
- have a positive outlook for their futures
A local evaluation of our programs, entitled the Performance Outcome Evaluation survey’s teachers of Littles in our program to determine the impact of our program. The results are overwhelmingly supportive of our program quality and impact. Mentoring impacts:
- Improved academic performance
- Higher self-esteem
- Positive Peer relationships
- Increased knowledge and access to services and resources
- Improved decision-making
- Motivation to achieve
- New interest areas, hobbies and activities