Support BBBS through Birdies for Charity- 416!
John Deere Classic week is always exciting. Not just for the tournament, but for what the tournament means for charities like Big Brothers Big Sisters. Since 1971, the John Deere Classic has delivered over $133 million to regional charities, most of it through its innovative Birdies for Charity program. No other event on the PGA TOUR does it better - and it’s the generous and hardworking nature of this area that makes it happen.
Participating in the Birdies for Charity Program is gratifying knowing that 100% of every pledge collected goes directly to the organization you designate. The John Deere Foundation covers all administrative costs to make that possible. Plus, the tournament takes its profits each year and delivers a second check from between 5% and 10% of that charity’s final total to make the deal even sweeter. There is no more impactful way to maximize your donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters!
2,091 BIRDIES RECORDED IN 2019
The contest portion of the Birdies for Charity program gives Big Brothers Big Sisters the opportunity to grow our fundraising efforts, while offering donors a chance to win prizes! The grand prize for guessing the right Birdies made is a 2-year lease of a 2021 Lexus NX!
The John Deere Classic tournament administers the program, invoices all donors and turns over 100% of all monies collected to our organization in October each year.
How does it work?
- There are two options to participate- using the online pledge form or completing a paper pledge form.
- Each form asks you to provide basic contact information such as your name, address, and phone number.
- Both the online and paper forms are auto-completed to designate Big Brothers Big Sisters as your sponsored organization.. For your reference, our "bird number" is 416!
- Select the amount to donate. Unlike past years, you will make a flat whole dollar pledge versus a pledge that is multiplied by the number of birdies made in the tournament.
- Remember about the match when making your pledge- for a $100 pledge, BBBS will receive between $5 - $10 through the bonus buck program!
- Guess the total number of birdies you think will be made during the 2021 John Deere Classic.
- Submit your pledge by hitting the submit button on the online form, mailing your paper pledge to the John Deere Classic or mailing it to BBBS to forward to the tournament.
- All Birdies for Charity Pledges must be turned in by June 21st to quality for prizes. The tournament will be held July 5-11th.
- Once the tournament is complete, you will receive an invoice from the John Deere Classic for your pledge.
- Once all pledges are paid, the John Deere Classic will determine the match amount and allocate that to each organizations total collected pledges.
- Funds will be released to Big Brothers Big Sisters at a special event in late October/November.
Mail your completed pledge form to either the John Deere Classic or BBBS:
John Deere Classic 15623 Coaltown Rd., East Moline, IL 61244
Big Brothers Big Sisters 3247 E. 35th Street Court, Davenport, IA 52807