Fun events for a cause
Community Bowl- Saturday, November 4th
WIU Bowl- Saturday, November 11th
Digger's College City Bowl- Macomb, IL
The presenting sponsor for the 2017 Bowl for Kids Sake is:
What is Bowl for Kids' Sake?
Bowl for Kids' Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters' largest local fundraiser and we need your support! This year our goal is $20,000!
By supporting Bowl for Kids' Sake, you can raise the necessary funds to support our one-to-one mentoring program in McDonough and Warren counties. We are very proud to have this nationally recognized program in our community. For more than 15 years, BBBS has served our community by providing consistent and high impact programing. The organization has a local advisory board of community volunteers, a professional staff, and an office located in Macomb, IL.
The local chapter has impacted over 1,500 children since its inception. Funds are exclusively used to support the local mentoring program including the recruitment, screening, matching, and support of one-to-one mentoring relationships between vulnerable children and adults. Funds are also used to various group activities organized throughout the year. These activities help develop the match relationship and also create a broader community for our individual littles and bigs.
There are a number of ways you can help- 1) form a team, 2) join an existing team, 3) support a bowler, and/or 4) become a Big.
100% of the dollars raised at Bowl for Kids' Sake is used in McDonough and Warren counties!
Click here to watch the Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl For Kids Sake campaign video video!
How does the Bowl for Kids Sake work?
1) Form a team:: Completing the registration form begins the process. Teams can be comprised of 4 to 6 bowlers. You don't have to have your complete team compiled before registering. Registering simply confirms your team reservation and allows you to begin the pledge process. We do ask that if you register a team, you agree to a team goal of $300.00 in pledges/donations.
The registration form will ask you to select your "shift time". This is the time your team will be bowling. Lanes for limited for each shift, so it is vital that you get your registration completed and to BBBS as soon as possible.
The $300.00 goal is for your team NOT for each individual bowler. Teams can raise funds however they want to achieve the $300.00 goal. We have a wonderful individual or team fundraising page that can be created which allows you to email family and friends to ask for support. Your completed $300.00 team commitment entitles you to: bowling, shoes, food, prizes and the official BFKS T-Shirt!
2) Set up a fundraising page on our Peer-to-peer site. That's right, you can take a few simple steps to set up your own fundraising page which allows you to set your goal, email friends and watch as the dollars of support come in!!!
3) Take the Challenge: each shift will award a prize to the top team or individual fundraiser. We encourage teams to engage others to participate by issuing a "friendly" challenge. Challenges can be issued to other organizations, schools, departments, and/or friends and family. A traveling trophy can be created and presented at the shift. Full details of the shift prizes will be provided to each team once a completed registration is received.
4) Create and implement your plan: there are a number of strategies to raise funds for the Bowl for Kids' Sake. A) Click the mouse and see the dollars come in! BBBS will set up a custom fundraising web page for your team. Email your network and watch as your family, friends, co-workers and others support your community service! B) Host a fundraising event at your workplace, club, church, fraternity or sorority. You are representing a larger group, so engage them in your efforts. C) Other ideas include donation jars, bake sale, pot luck, raffle, silent auction, casual for a cause, car wash or something fun that everyone will enjoy. Click here for a copy of instructions on how to set up your personnel fundraising page!
5) Start bowling: After you have secured your pledges, it's time to have fun! You'll receive one free game of bowling all inclusive, food, drinks, chances to win door prizes and a souvenir team photo.
Shift Times for the November 4th Community Bowl:
9:00-10:00 AM School District Bowl
10:00-11:00 AM Community Bowl
11:00-Noon Big/Little Bowl
1:00-2:00 PM Community Bowl
Shift Time for the November 11th WIU Bowl:
10:00-11:00 PM WIU students, clubs, faculty
Click here to register as an individual or team online!
Click here to find out about event sponsorships! Sponsorships range from $500 to $2,000.
For more information about Bowl for Kids' Sake, contact Pete Taratola at email@example.com or (309) 837-5437.
Click here to view our photo gallary from past events.
Presenting Sponsor- Macomb Elks
Magic Maker Sponsors- Housing Authority of McDonough County
Match Maker Sponsors- Purdum Gray Ingledue Beck Insurance & Investments
Match Team and Lane Sponsors- United Community Bank, Unique Personal Consultants,
Macomb Fire Department, Investment Partners Inc.,
All Pets Veterinary Clinic, First State Bank, Marine Bank
Venue Sponsor- Digger's College City Bowl
Media and Prize Sponsors- Background Country 95.9, Larry A's Pizza, Peace of Earth Lodge,
Office Equipment Sponsor- Woodforest National Bank
Friends of Mentoring- Arnold Brothers Heating & Cooling, Delta Sigma Pi, Dodsworth-Piper-Wallen, Engraving by Lin, First Bankers Trust Company, Gentry Motor Company, Hy-Vee, IG, Inc., Michael Inman & Family, Kitchem Cooked, Inc., Laverdiere Construction, Macomb School District, March, McMillan, DeJoode & Duvall, McDonald's-Kirkenmeier, McDonough District Hospital, Meredith Garage, MidAmerica National Bank, MidState Graphics, Minus Muffler, No Place Like Home, Pioneer Hi-Bred, Professional Eyecare Center, Quick Print & Signs, Refreshment Services/Pepsi, Sullivan Auctioneers, Wayland Ready Mix Concrete, Wee Care Center, Wesley Village, Western Illnois Credit Union, Western Illinois Iron & Metals, WIU Pact Head Start, Wells Fargo Advisors.